Here we are again. Hopefully you’re following along in our four-part series about the Cloudistics view of alternate approaches to IT. We’re here to deliver simple, agile, and transformative ways to accelerate your organizational success. Check out Part 1 and Part 2 if you missed them.
Today we’re writing about what VMware™ likes to call “empowering the digital workspace”, or as others would put it, changing employee expectations of what IT can do.
We can’t say that we disagree with how important it is to change employee expectations. So many organizations, VMware included, have concentrated on making the end user experience better. There’s nothing wrong that that. As end users ourselves, we love it when IT doesn’t frustrate us, block us from accomplishing our goals, force us to choose shadow IT, or impede organizational initiatives.
But our emphasis is a little different. Our objective is to empower the digital workspace for EVERYONE – executives, administrators, developers, and end users alike.
So many other platforms seem to forget about the IT team that’s expected to solve every problem, unlock new ways of doing things, and drive business innovation – typically in a world of flat to declining budgets.
And the leaders who have to lead difficult technology transitions are also forgotten. Do they want to pay for licenses, certification, and consulting they don’t want to buy? Do they want to get solutions that are good enough, but rarely outstanding?
Who thinks about them?
Offering a premium private cloud with public cloud-like simplicity, our aim is to reinvent the digital workspace for everyone in an organization, not just thin client users. Our aim is to put a superior, streamlined, simplified experience in the hands of everyone – so administrative overhead decreases, applications just work, and everyone has room to innovate.
Of course, as we’ve already discussed, we do this by delivering a platform without a thousand part numbers, without licensing costs or complexity. But we go beyond all this. For executives and administrators, we’ve rethought the cloud experience, delivering superior ROI compared with other platforms. Cloudistics gives you a:
- Premium experience – built-in white glove deployment and knowledge transfer so your teams aren’t caught up in cobbling together a solution from multiple products or multiple vendors. Up and running in days instead of weeks.
- All-inclusive cloud – no separate products for cloud functionality, software defined networking, hypervisors, software defined storage, or management.
- Hardware automation – the hardware provisions itself by workload from a pool of resources, so admin overhead decreases, freeing your team to innovate.
- UI that’s built for generalists – the management interface controls everything, and it’s built so simply that an IT generalist can keep your cloud running for years to come. Cut your training and certification budget!
- Application Marketplace – dozens of gold standard application templates for common workloads, letting your team launch apps in minutes.
- Non-disruptive updates – patch and enhancements don’t require downtime.
- One-click support – built-in access to support engineers in seconds, not days.
- Integrated security – why buy separate firewalls or authentication when the functions you need are all built in.
- Built-in analytics and showback – one-click reporting and a free utility, Metering Manager, for performance analysis and showback.
And for developers and users,
- Supports VMs or containers – your developers can build applications for VMs or for containers, as they choose.
- Self-service provisioning – simple access to cloud resources, no raising IT trouble tickets to get added capacity or access to an application, the included Access Manager utility provides application level, secured access in seconds.
- Multitenancy and microsegmentation – integrated protection for each user, each application, each department.
- Integrated data protection, snapshots, replication – built-in resilience so your users don’t suffer, even in the case of downtime or disaster.
So in about fifteen different ways, we give you a streamlined experience for executives, administrators, developers, and end users alike. Not a bad outcome. Where else can you get all this? Private cloud that gets out of your way, doesn’t complicate everything you do, and unlocks new satisfaction across your organization. How does that sound?
To learn more, explore our user interface, and see the promise of Cloudistics in action, visit us at cloudistics.com/demo. We promise to help you take our bright idea and empower your digital workspace.
VMware is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other marks and names may be trademarks of their respective companies.