Database applications in the public cloud are commonplace today, supporting all manner of website interfaces from financial trades and education to research and e-commerce. For some organizations, leaving critical data in a public, multi-tenant datacenter that is constantly being targeted by malicious outside elements is a recipe for legal disaster, compromised performance and delays in backup and disaster recovery when an outage occurs.
Databases provide a prime use case for on-premises private and hybrid cloud models. Using the Cloudistics Ignite Cloud Platform, you can build any application supported by an on-premise database that is secure, optimized for responsiveness and sustained by integrated backup and disaster recovery to ensure business continuity.
The Cloudistics Ignite clusterless design helps to ensure independent storage scalability while supporting multi-tenancy capability so multiple databases are supported across multiple web applications with near-native speed across multiple clients. It also provides the elasticity necessary to automate and optimize normally complex management resources easily and dynamically via a single self-service web portal so resources can be scaled up or down based on workload volume.
- Consolidate, migrate and manage high volumes of previously fragmented applications and data easily via a single web portal
- Simplify the deployment and provisioning of database virtual servers
- Take advantage of self-service on-demand scalability and database multi-tenancy
- Be proactive with database application optimization based on trend usage data
- Take control of your storage infrastructure resources, security and the associated costs of exposure and legal liabilities
- Take advantage of integrated backup and disaster recovery, based on regular snap shot, central backups and offsite replication that are not subject to public cloud limitations or outages