As a Managed Service Provider (MSP), you are always being challenged to capture, maintain and increase your share of the cloud services market, while discovering new ways to drive efficiency and accelerate time to value.
This creates a daunting challenge, especially for regional MSP hoping to earn their piece of a market projected to be over $236B in 2020* – with giant service providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform all competing for customers.
As an MSP your advantage is the relationship you have on a local level, this makes daily operation, maintenance and support a differentiator for you as you compete. Chances are you have a line of customers who want your help to achieve true digital transformation, so they can move to a cloud native experience while reducing their legacy application footprint.
To realize the advantages of a cloud native experience, it must be easy for you to help your customer overcome the confidence barriers to change management, and costs. You are their trusted advisor, you are the provider of the cloud competency necessary to manage the complexity of inter-application dependencies and security.
To accomplish this, you could manage their public cloud, but then who really controls the data, and the associated performance and security risks? You could build a do-it-yourself cloud using an X86 hyperconverged architecture, but who wants to build and deploy a DIY science project and then manage all the portals, licenses and patches necessary to operate and maintain it?
You could even buy a semi-software defined platform and be locked into cluster dependent homogenous scaling not to mention having to do everything their way.
Why do all that, when you can easily manage the implementation, deployment, operation and maintenance with Cloudistics Ignite, while delivering a premium experience to your customer!
The Cloudistics Ignite On-Premises Cloud Platform goes beyond simply placing a C-clamp around compute and storage resources. Our customer inspired design with its software-defined management and composable infrastructure is engineered so you scale the separate compute, storage and network blocks independently on demand. These software defined blocks provide any-to-any connectivity in between so you can add resources to any one of the three based on your unique customer and applications demands without affecting the other blocks.
This results in an incredibly easy to manage and scale infrastructure with automated orchestration and application optimization that yesterday’s hyperconverged solutions can’t match.
The infrastructure starts with layer 3 networking, it supports SDN but also layers virtual networking into the solution. We also integrate storage, compute with our software defined networking into one easy-to-deploy appliance that offers the simplicity of public cloud without the complexity of DIY architectures or hardware locked appliances.
For MSPs there are two programs to help you deploy Cloudistics –ReadyCloud and StarterCloud and they offer five major advantages versus the public cloud:
1. Cloud-Ready Scalability and Performance: Since different customer workloads will have different compute, storage and networking requirements, a key requirement is to be able to scale these independently to reduce the risk of not satisfying your customer needs or over-provisioning. The Cloudistics architecture allows compute to be scaled to 1000s of nodes and Petabytes (PBs) of storage. Yesterday’s hyperconverged solutions require you to purchase compute and storage in arbitrary blocks that are priced at the excessively high costs of flash storage and eroding your business’s margins.
2. Application support: Using the certified templates in the Cloudistics Application Marketplace, you can easily launch applications such as Hadoop, Splunk, databases, VDI, and Docker with the click of a button as easy as installing applications on your smart phone.
3. Worry-Free Hardware with a Cloud-based Management Portal: The Cloudistics hardware is truly plug-and-play. Create virtual datacenters from dynamic pools of hardware resources from your Ignite management console and within mere minutes Cloudistics will automatically deploy and monitor your platform, apply hardware and software updates and proactively alert you to any issues.
4. Built-In Hypervisor: Free yourself from complex and expensive hypervisors! The Cloudistics platform comes complete with the powerful enterprise-grade Cloudistics Spark KVM-based hypervisor built-in. Fully featured and simplified for maximum ease-of use, create entire virtual datacenters or specialized high-performance application virtual machines with a few clicks. Easily import existing VMware or Hyper-V workloads to the platform with just a few clicks. The VMware tax doesn’t stop there. Imagine providing the critical failover and network resilience of NSX-like solution that is implicit in the Cloudistics platform!
5. Multi-Tenancy: A core attribute of the Cloudistics platform, multi-tenancy enables you to host multiple organizations on the same platform with the ability to separate resources and data for legal or compliance reasons. Leveraging both the physical and logical multi-tenancy capabilities you now have the power of segmentation, previously only available to the public cloud.
The Cloudistics Ignite On-Premises Cloud Platform provides the best of cloud computing—self-service, scalability and control—with the ability to customize an infrastructure that delivers the application-specific performance and simplicity your customers demand.
Leveling the HyperScale Playing Field
Steve Conner, Service Provider Evangelist
Tuesday, 2/15 from 2:30-2:55pm in Room 305.
* “The Changing Faces of the Cloud” by Mark Brinda and Michael Heric, Bain & Company, 2017